Great Albums Of 1996: Ginuwine - The Bachelor





















Ginuwine made his debut on October 8th 1996 with his first album "The Bachelor" and the hottest song that was out at the time was "Pony" even my grandfather like this song. No seriously he had the cassette single and played it often in his car.  And yes he held a place on the bedroom wall he was the biggest poster on the my wall.  The song pony had an unusual sound but familiar sound too it as well and an interesting video to match.

Two months earlier Aaliyah released her sophomore album"One In A Million" the production was like no other in R&B music at the time. Due to new music producers of the time Timbaland and Missy Elliot. They continued to sprinkle their magic on Ginuwine's album, and like with Aaliyah they was also quite the trio with Ginuwine as well.

Ginuwine along with Missy and Timbaland was apart of Jodeci founding member and producer Devante Swing, side project Swing Mob.  G was trying to do his thing as a solo act and come out under the guidance of Devante but that never happened. Like his friends Tim and Missy, Ginuwine broke out and did his own thing too.

The Bachelor was a cool album it was filled with skits and interludes, the production had a high value to the songs.  It was very romantic and smooth but most importantly it lived up to the name the bachelor.  Ginuwine definitely at the time was living the life a bachelor. He is very attractive, he could sing and dance really well. He was the totally package and all this came with the album, this project had many singles also and videos also.

The singles was "Pony, Tell Me Do You Wanna?, Only When Your Lonely, I'll Do Anything/I'm Sorry, Holler and When Doves Cry (prince remake)".  The replay value of this album was very high at the time. I originally had the cassette so I was constantly flipping the tape from side A to  side B often. Thank God when I finally got a CD player, I was giving that cassette hell I tell you.

I can't talk about the  music in the year 1996 without mentioning this album, it was one of the biggest R&B album out during that time. The collective that forming with Aaliyah, Ginuwine, Missy, Timbaland, Magoo and Playa. Was an essential factor to some good music that came out towards the end of the 90s.  Pony to this day is played at sporting events, clubs, movies TV shows etc.  I still give the bachelor a listen to in these days. 

Ginuwine continues to come out with albums and now is also apart of a group called TGT with other handsome solo acts Tank and Tyrese. And to this day when Ginuwine performs pony the crowd goes wild. I have been witness to this and yes I was singing along hard as hell like everyone else.  Twenty years and still in his career.  My have Ginuwine came along way from days of  the bachelor, did I also mention he is still fine as hell............


****GOOGLE IMAGES/Ginuwine The Bachelor Album Cover 1996****

Youtube -  Ginuwine I'll Do Anything/I'm Sorry (My Favorite Track Off The Album)



Comments