You On Point Phife?




Image Source: Google "A Tribe Called Quest" - Q-Tip, Phife Dawg, Ali Shaheed

On March 22nd 2016 the hip hop world, lost another legend, founding member of rap group A Tribe Called Quest: Malik Taylor aka Phife Dawg. Passed away at the age of 45 years old, Phife through out the years suffered from diabetes.

When it comes to genre of hip-hop ATCQ is definitely one of my favorite groups, if you wanted to know what the true essence of hip-hop is. It would be those four fellas known as Q-Tip, Phife Dawg, Shaheed and Jarobi.  With the passing of Phife Dawg it is a valuable lesson in taking better care of one self, he was only 45 years of age.

Also known as the five footer, as he would say in his rhymes, Phife had a  pure flow and in my personal opinion when it comes to the conversation of who the top lyricists of all time. Phife name is rarely mention in that list and it is a shame and now that he passed away I bet he comes up on the lists now.

I've said it in the past when he was alive and I say it now, that brother had skills, and definitely he was and will be in my top MC's list.  on March 9th was the 19th anniversary of the passing on Notorious B.I.G and now I guess a long the way we will be remembering Phife Dawg.

R.I.P Malik "Phife Dawg" Taylor..... ATCQ 4 Life


Youtube - A Tribe Called Quest "Electric Relaxation"



Comments