Try Again

Sighs.........well I didn't watch the Aaliyah biopic, so I can't give my analysis on the movie,  however social media gave me a brief synopsis of it. I am glad I didn't watch it; Not that I am expecting oscar award winning performances. The fact that family or friends was not involved was my gripe with the film.

As a fan of Aaliyah as much as I would love to see a biopic of her life.  Along with other fans, we want it done right. In 1998 NBC made for TV movie of motown group The Temptations was an awesome TV movie.  It told the true story of the group and insight of who they were outside the spot light.

And that's how a bio pic works, this Aaliyah  movie is based off a book that came out a few months after her death. I actually read the book and it told basically what we already knew. This film was a just a google time line of her life.

Aaliyah and her family deserves better, yes she been gone for thirteen years. I get that some feel the family should have been more cooperative with the film. The network should have respected the wishes of the family and not made the movie.

So far Lifetime made farce out of the Brittany Murphy story, Saved by the bell, and now Aaliyah. Up next is Whitney Houston bio pic next year and on that note if at first you don't succeed dust yourself off and try again.... With a better production.

P.S for hollywood and music industry,  please stop remaking classic films and songs, and ruining artists and actors legacies,

Thank you

Comments