It's not that serious folks






Last Sunday was the Grammy awards that aired on CBS, the show openers this year was none other than Jay-Z & Beyonce. A lot of folks were disappointed with her performance because it was not up to the usual high caliber performance. Eh I wasn’t over the moon about the performance however it did not ruin my life like it did a lot of people (not that serious folks).

The reason for my post on this subject is that a news paper across the pond in the United Kingdom called Mrs. Carter a Whore in bold black letters. I do understand that some parents were concerned and outrage with the performance saying the performance was trashy and some had to turn the channel right away due to not wanting their children seeing it.


I am not a parent right now and if I did have children of course I would not want them to watch or hear anything inappropriate. But on the flip side of that if they were to see something that I would deem inappropriate instead of getting my panties in bunch and going to facebook to air out my grievances about what entertainers do. I would instead take that time and talk to my kids about what they saw and educate on them on what is appropriate and not appropriate and most importantly get in their brain that this is entertainment.


In reality throughout the duration of childhood, most children are going to see far worst then what they saw from watching Beyonce Grammy performance. If you don’t believe me wait until they hit puberty and junior high school, at that age I seen things being amongst my peers that would have made that Grammy performance look like a program on PBS. In my personal opinion I think that things we take entertainment too serious in this society.


I am more concerned with the lack of education that children are receiving in the American school system more than I am worried about what a pop artist does on stage at an award show.

Comments