Skip to main content

The Game new season

   The sixth season of the game has started and let me start off by saying that I am deeply sad about the character "Derwin Davis" being written off the show. I love me some some Derwin, but the show must go on. Derwin played by actor Pooch Hall and Malanie played by actress Tia Mowry-Hardict is no longer apart of the cast of the game. Originally there characters was the focal point of the show, well the powers that be of the show has decided to end that storyline.

I read all the gripes and complaints from folks, oh the game has changed or the lines are dry and blah this blah that. Yes the show has changed its not on the CW network anymore it under a whole different budget. It's no longer a sitcom. Folks have to realize major networks are able to supply the bells and whistles to make a sitcom work. A channel like BET does not have the budget to do sitcoms like the major networks. They don't its a fact, look what happened to the Monique show, they tried late the night talk show thing and could not afford to keep it going. It cost a million of dollars a day to just keep the studio light's running.

 The writing on the game has changed and yes it can be dry at times, but I would much rather watch dry acting then watch reality TV shows where it supposed to be real and see woman play themselves and tear each other down over some men who in actuality do not want  to have anything to do with them.

The first episode of the game was okay as I mentioned before I love me some Derwin, I think they  should have made that character retire instead of trading him to a less than stellar team, but on the bright side he will be with Melanie while she do her residency. If they had to write some one out of the show, I think the malik wright character should be the character to leave. His off the wagon on the wagon antics over the top and how many women can he really sleep with? Honestly that is getting old with his character. They tried to give him a girlfriend he messed that up. Through out the night he kept referring to him self and being a pawn it seems that line is going to become the direction of the Malik Wright character we shall see.

Another character I would mind if they got rid off is Jason Pitts, easy on the eyes but he still tad bit obnoxious. I love the fact that Brandy is on the show who plays Chardonnay (I still hate her name) and she is married to Jason Pitts and now that he is married to a black woman I thought it would tone him down a bit guest not. What would be cool they bring back his daughter and see how the dynamic between Jason, Chardonnay and Brittney would work, just a thought.

The new characters Bryce "Blueprint " Westbrook played by Jay Ellis, I guess he is Derwin replacement. I seem him and Malik clashing this season, being that he is new guy,
 I can't really say to much about him yet, however more shirtless scenes with him are recommended. Kiera Michelle Whittaker played by Lauren London, hmm I guess i will always see her as new new (Character she played in ATL) She is alright thus far, it will be interesting to see where the relationship between her and Bryce will go.

Last but not least Tasha Mack, I've always liked her character and always liked the fact that she is a manager in the world of football. The writers need to shift back to that and hopefully that will happen this season. We all want Tasha to find love however the going back and forth between different boyfriends is a bit annoying.  Her character is the backbone of the show and having her weak and emotional over a guy takes away from it.

Overall I like the first episode, my suggestion is since they stripped the show down, the writers  should take out the comedy aspect and make it a full on dramatic series. The comedic lines are awkward now since its not really a laugh track. I will still support the game, it not a bad show like everyone is making out to be now that its on the BET network. We have to keep supporting these shows, it sure beats watching reality shows any day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Red Album: Aaliyah Last Album Turns Fifteen

Image Source Google- Aaliyah album cover
Pre 911 July 2001 I was twenty years old and boy that was an interesting year, to say the least. And as always  my summer tradition I made my trip to the local record store. During this month one of my all time favorite artist was releasing their third album which went to become a forever favorite of mine and is on my lifetime music playlist
On July 17th 2001, Aaliyah released her third and final self titled "Aaliyah" after a five year full album hiatus from her second album one in a million. At the time she had finally released a full album, of course to hold the fans over. We had the singles from the movie soundtracks  such as 1998 Doctor Do Little  SDTK "Are You That Somebody?"  and in 2000 Romeo Must Die SDTK, "Try Again, I Don't Wanna, Come Back In One Piece and are you Feeling Me?.
It was an exciting time for Aaliyah it was a year after a successful movie and soundtrack, she had entered into legal adulthood She w…

What's Going On?

Google Images: Devastation from Bomb Attack in Mogadishu, Somalia

I may talk about music and culture, It is my way to ease the pain with all the things I see going on in this world. But it is too much to ignore, last weekend there was bomb explosion in Mogadishu, Somalia. As of right now it has been reported that 300 lives has been lost due the terrorist attack.

I do my best to keep up with what is going on, whether it's in pop culture, local or national news. And with this recent terrorist attack. The one thing I don't see flooding up and down my time lines on my social media feed. Is  #PrayForSomalia, that is something that is very scarce across the feeds. But I bet your bottom dollar I can see the endless memes of bitches not being shit and its numerous likes.

That goes without fail, I posted a few links about this horrific incident and all I have heard is crickets. If I posted a joke and made fun of reality star. It would have been likes and comments galore. I am not tell…

1997 Part II

Google Images: Micheal S. Smith Photography, Seneca Vocational H.S.
I was sixteen years old in 1997, music was life back then for me, and in that year I needed it more then ever, My freshmen year of high school was 1996 - 1997 and during that school year I was at a school I did not want to be at. In the city of Buffalo at that time, during 8th grade year students had to pick the top choices of the high school they wanted to go to. It was all based on grades during 7th grade year and first grade quarter of 8th grade.

Math was my weakest subject, and the schools that I chose at the time a student had to excel well in the area of math. And me not being on my A game it caused me to loose out on all of my choices of the schools I wanted to attend. So in fall of 1996 I was at my district school. While all my Jr. high friends was at the school of their choices living the high life.

I had to make a daily trip to south Buffalo, a place I did not want to be, what kept me calm to and from schoo…